Guitar Amplifier Traynor Custom Valve 40 Watt WineRed
The Canadian-made YCV40WR is very much the same electronically as the award-winning YCV40, but with upgrades such as rich, wine red leatherette covering, matching oatmeal grille cloth over a metal mesh grill and Celestion’s renowned Vintage 30 speaker. Combined, these upgrades help give the YCV40WR a rich “boutique” look, sound and feel while maintaining the channel-switching versatility that helped sweep Traynor back into the forefront of the tube amp world in 2000.
The three basic tones (clean, crunch and overdrive) are easily tuned in with no rocket science required. You get Gain and Volume on the lead channel and conventional Volume on the clean one with a master, 3-way tone stack plus Presence and Reverb masters. That’s pretty much it except for a Boost button to pump up lead channel solos (also footswitchable) and a Brightness button to sparkle-up the clean channel’s highs. As a result you get great tone at low levels with tons of shine and punch at full tilt.
Silence is Golden… Although signal-to-noise is not normally a specification that is discussed where guitar amplifiers are concerned, the ultra-quiet Custom Valve 40WR makes it worth mentioning. Even die-hard studio pros appreciate the auto-matching tube circuit that maintains bias balance as tubes age, ensuring hum free performance with the amp miked-up. In addition, DC filaments on the preamp tubes and their in-chassis shielding all but eliminate preamp hum – a major bonus when direct-lining the amp into a recording or PA desk. Remarkably, all this golden silence comes at no cost to the amp’s potentially monstrous drive levels, a major feat of tube circuit engineering.
– Auto-matching tube circuit maintains bias balance as tubes age ensuring hum free performance throughout tube life.
– DC filaments on preamp tubes eliminate hum. Fully regulated power supply with tube rectifier emulation.
– Long Accutronics spring reverb.
– Classic Celestion Vintage 30 speaker.
– Wine Red leathertte finish
– All plywood enclosure.
– Heavy gauge perforated grille with “oatmeal” cloth covering.
– Custom design “Chicken Beak” knobs.
– Two-Button TFS-2B Footswitch is included
– Optional YCV40COVER is available
– Optional YCX12WR, 1×12″ extension cabinet is available
– Standby Switch Activates standby mode to keep the tubes warm while the amp is not in use.
– Auto Tube-matching Circuit
– Preamp Tubes – 3x 12AX7WA Dual Triodes
– Power Amp Tubes – 2 x 6L6GB Beam Power Tubes
– DC filaments – on preamp tubes to eliminate hum
– Power Supply – fully regulated with tube rectifier emulation
• Type – Tube Guitar Amplifier
• Power @ Impedance (Watts) – apx. 40 @ 4 to 8 Ohms
• Speaker – 12-inch, 40-Watt, 8-Ohm Celestion Vintage30
• Instrument Input – 1/4-inch, high-impedance
• Channel 1 Controls – Gain & Volume
• Channel 1 Switch – Boost button with Footswitch bypass
• Channel 2 Controls – Volume
• Channel 2 Switch – Brightness
• Master Features – Channel Switching Button, Treble, Bass, Middle, Presence and Reverb controls
• Line Out – 1/4-inch TRS “Efx Send” jack
• Effects Loop – 1/4-inch TRS Send and Return Series Loop
• Footswitchable Functions – Channel Select & Lead Boost
• Internal Reverb – Accutronics Long-Spring 4EB3C1B Line
• LED Indicators – Channel Select, Boost, Power, Standby
• External Speaker Output – 1/4 inch, in parallel with internal speaker
• Cabinet Construction: 11-ply Russian birch
• Hardware: Perforated Steel Grille, black powder-painted steel corners, 10-inch strap handle with steel insert
• Dimensions (DWH, inches): 9.5 x 23 x 18
• Dimensions (DWH, cm): 24 x 58 x 46
• Weight (lbs / kg): 49.8 / 22.6